The 8th Annual Northshore Half Marathon (formerly known as Gulf Coast Half Marathon) returns to the Louisiana Northshore on Sunday, October 15, 2017.
With its top prize named by Women's Running Magazine as one of six half marathons "with serious bling" (http://goo.gl/PKnDkh), the Northshore Half Marathon on the Louisiana Northshore will take runners through some of the most scenic areas of St. Tammany Parish on a course of 13.1 miles/21.1km (half marathon) or 10 miles (16.1km). Starting and finishing in Fontainebleau State Park, just minutes from the foot of the Causeway Bridge, runners will cover parts of the Tammany Trace, historic Old Mandeville, and a closed Lakeshore Drive. Every finisher will toast the occasion with great food, beer and tunes at the post-race party.
Race Highlights include:
- Flat, fast course under mammoth moss covered oaks, past historic homes and along Lakeshore Drive as the sun sparkles across the water.
- 57 degree avg. start time temperature
- Electronic ChampionChip Timing
- USATF accurately measured and certified course
- Aid Stations
- Commemorative Finishers Medal
- A post race party like only the Gulf Coast can throw
- Post-race party fueled by Abita Beer.
Registration will automatically close at 1,800 runners, so register early to guarantee your spot. Runners can register on the website, www.NorthshoreHalfMarathon.com, where race course information, fees and packet pick-up locations are also provided.