Lifelong New Orleans residents and beer enthusiasts Brad and Amber Gunn bring the "Brews Cruise" idea to New Orleans and the Northshore, offering tours of microbreweries in Greater New Orleans.
The Northshore Tour is offered Saturday and Sunday starting at 11:00 AM and lasting 5 hours.* Tickets are $70 per person.
Saturday tours visit Abita Brewery in Abita Springs, Gnarly Barley Brewing Co. in Hammond and Old Rail Brewing Co. in Mandeville; Sunday tours visit Abita, Covington Brewhouse in Covington and Old Rail. See website for details on private group tours and partial tours. Monday through Wednesday tours are available in New Orleans only.
All tours will start and end at The Avenue Pub, located at 1732 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130, and will include:
• 3 to 5 samples at each stop
• Snacks and water available on the van
• Cold storage on the van for any beer purchases
• New Orleans Brews Cruise swag bag
Some tours will feature a pint at the end of the tour, and you are encouraged to arrive early or stay after to enjoy one of the world’s finest craft beer selections as well as great food.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to tour time to ensure an on-time departure
- Closed toe shoes required
- Minimum 21 years of age; only valid picture ID’s accepted
- Those arriving intoxicated may not be allowed to participate and will not receive a refund
- Meals not included; snacks available on board and most stops feature food or food truck
- Special accommodations made for designated drivers.
*Note: this tour will require a significant amount of driving time to and from the breweries.