Welcome, spring! All the signs of the season have arrived on the Northshore: brightly blooming azaleas, dogwoods, and redbuds, a bounty of seafood at markets by the sacksful and at our many restaurants that cook what's in season, and a bevy of outdoor activities for the whole family.
2022 Easter Egg Hunts on the Northshore
BRING THE KIDS & CAMERAS
Peter Cottontail has been hopping all over St. Tammany Parish this month, posing for cameras and filling baskets with egg-shaped goodies. The Easter Bunny makes many appearances to hide eggs and take selfies.
Bounce around to these Easter egg hunts on the Northshore, including:
- April 9 - The Olde Towne Slidell Easter Egg Hunt, starting at 10:00 a.m., ending when all the eggs are found among the participating shops.
- April 9 -The Easter Bunny pops up in Mandeville, too at the Mandeville Trailhead, 675 Lafitte St. Bring the kiddos for pictures with the Easter Bunny at Easter at the Market, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., during the weekly, free farmers, artisans, and makers market.
- April 9 - The Easter Egg Hunt at Fontainebleau State Park takes place at 10:00 am.
- April 16 - The Easter Egg Hunt at Bogue Chitto State Park is from 9:30-10:30 am. Join the Interpretive Ranger for the annual Easter Egg Hunt; games, and prizes after the egg hunt.
- April 16 - Bring the kiddos to the Covington Trailhead Saturday, 419 N. New Hampshire St., for Egg Rollin’ at the Covington Trailhead, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., for the all-ages, free event featuring an egg hunt, face painting, and craft activities, and until 1:00 p.m., the Kiwanis Youth Wellness Fair.
Easter Brunch and Easter Dining on the Northshore
WEAR YOUR EASTER BONNET
Louisianans love gathering around a table to share time and a great meal together, especially for a holiday. So on Easter Sunday, April 17, it’s no surprise that some of the Northshore’s finest dining establishments open their doors to welcome guests, friends, and neighbors for spring repasts fit for a king. Below is a highlight.
Easter Brunch at Palmettos on the Bayou, 1901 Bayou Ln, Slidell, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., is a three-course meal of classic New Orleans cuisine with live jazz and great views of Bayou Bonfouca as you dine. On the menu: Fried Gulf Fish & Etouffee, New Orleans BBQ Shrimp, Chicken & Waffles, plus starters like Duck & Tasso Gumbo and your choice of three desserts. For reservations, call (985) 643-0050.
Easter High Tea at The English Tea Room is a true experience. Hop on over for a fun celebration with family and friends. Prices are $40 for adults and $20 for children 10 and younger. Guests will be treated to a delicious array of assorted tea sandwiches, hot and cold appetizers, fruit, fresh baked scones with lemon curd and clotted cream, a beautiful array of Easter desserts, and Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Plus selections of premium loose leaf pots of tea.
Pyre Provisions’ Easter Brunch is the regular brunch with all your favorites, 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Call (985) 888-6129 for reservations for both dine-in and carry-out.
Easter Brunch at The Dakota, 629 N. Hwy. 190, Covington.Call (985) 892-712 for reservations, seatings available from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Easter Brunch at Restaurant Coté, 2219 Carey St., Slidell. Reserve your table, 10:00 am-2:00 pm, by calling (985) 288-5440.