Welcome, spring! All the signs of the season have arrived on the Northshore: brightly blooming azaleas, dogwoods, and redbuds, a bounty of seafood at markets by the sacksful and at our many restaurants that cook what's in season, and a bevy of outdoor activities for the whole family.
2023 Easter Egg Hunts on the Northshore
BRING THE KIDS & CAMERAS
Peter Cottontail will be hopping all over St. Tammany Parish this month, posing for cameras and filling baskets with egg-shaped goodies. The Easter Bunny makes many appearances to hide eggs and take selfies.
Bounce around to these egg hunts on the Northshore, including:
- March 25 - Twilight Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt will be happening at Pelican Park from 6-8 p.m. so grab your flashlights and baskets for this hunt.
- March 25 - Krewe of Dionysus and CenterWell Senior Primary Care host Grands Easter Eggstravaganza, featuring face painting, food and candy, from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Possum Hollow Park in Slidell.
- April 1 - Aldersgate United Methodist Church will be hosting their free Easter Egg Extravaganza from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- April 1 - Bring the kiddos to the Mandeville Trailhead, 675 Lafitte St., for pictures with the Easter Bunny at Easter at the Market, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., during the weekly, free farmers, artisans and makers market.
- April 1 - Bring your basket to the Children's Museum of St. Tammany for their Spring Family Fest, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Egg drop and hunt, Easter Bunny pics, kids' art activities, food and Dip It treats. $15-$20.
- April 1 - The Northshore-Mandeville Kiwanis Club presents Pancakes with the Easter Bunny, 8-11 a.m. at Fontainebleau High School cafeteria. Breakfast, pictures with the Easter Bunny, crafts and take-home activity books, $5 per person. Supports Kiwanis youth service groups and scholarships.
- April 2 - Southern Hotel's 8th annual benefit for the Covington Public Art Fund, the Southern Hotel Polo Cup, includes an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids and a raffle for adults. At Summergrove Farms in Folsom, 1-4 p.m., $25 for age 12+, $10 for 11 and under.
- April 7 - American Legion Post 185 in Slidell will host an Easter Egg Hunt at 5 p.m., while supplies last (one basket per child).
- April 8 - An Egg Hunt at Fontainebleau State Park takes place at 11 a.m. for children 10 and under.
- April 8 - Bring the kiddos to the Covington Trailhead, 419 N. New Hampshire St., for the Covington Easter Extravaganza, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The all-ages, free event features an egg hunt, face painting and craft activities, and until 1:00 p.m., the Kiwanis Youth Wellness Fair.
- April 8 - The Book & The Bean hosts an Easter egg hunt starting at 11 a.m. with a staggered start for different age groups; be sure to bring your own Easter basket.
Easter Brunch and Easter Dining on the Northshore
WEAR YOUR EASTER BONNET
Louisianans love gathering around a table to share time and a great meal together, especially for a holiday. So on Easter Sunday, April 9, it’s no surprise that some of the Northshore’s finest dining establishments open their doors to welcome guests, friends and neighbors for spring repasts fit for a king. Below is a highlight.
- The Blue Crab Restaurant & Oyster Bar, 118 Harbor View Ct, Slidell, thebluecrabnorthshore.com.
- Annadele's Plantation, 71518 Chestnutt St, Covington, annadeles.com.
- Crazy Pig Southern Kitchen, 4700 LA-22, Suites 1 & 2, crazypigkitchen.com.
- The Gloriette, Southern Hotel, 428 E. Boston St, Covington, thegloriette.com.
- Half Shell Oyster House, 70367 LA-21, Suite 100, Covington, halfshelloysterhouse.com.
- Hambone, 544 Girod St, Mandeville, eathambone.com.
- Impastato Cellars, 240 LA-22, Mandeville, impastatocellars.com.
- La Lou, 200 Girod St, Mandeville, Facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063540759568.
- Liz's Where Y'at Diner, 2500 Florida St., Mandeville, lizswhereyatdiner.com.
- Maison Lafitte, 402 Lafitte St, Mandeville, www.maison-lafitte.com. From 12-2 p.m, by The Lakehouse Catering. Sales end April 2.
- Meribo, 326 Lee Ln, Covington, www.meribopizza.com.
- Palmettos on the Bayou, 1901 Bayou Ln, Slidell, palmettosrestaurant.com. From 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Reservations, call (985) 643-0050.
- Pat Gallagher's 527, 527 N. Causeway Blvd, Mandeville, www.gallaghers527.com.
- Pat's Rest Awhile, 2129 Lakeshore Dr, Mandeville, www.patsrestawhile.com.
- Patton's Caterers at Salmen-Fritchie House, 127 Cleveland Ave, Slidell, pattons.com. Doors open 10 a.m. Reservations required at (985) 645-3600.
- Tavi Restaurant, 220 N. New Hampshire St, Covington, tavirestaurant.com.
- Tchefuncte's Restaurant, 407 St. Tammany St, Madisonville, tchefunctes.com.