The St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs and Parish President Mike Cooper will host the 16th Annual President's Arts Awards on Thursday, October 20, 2022 at Northshore Technical Community College, with a reception from 5:30-7 p.m., followed by the awards ceremony at 7 p.m. The event is to honor ten St. Tammany Parish artists and arts patrons from various backgrounds and genres for their achievements in the arts.
16th Anniversary Award recipients include:
• Lifetime Achievement in the Arts – Dr. Ben Redwine
• Native Daughter Award – Shirley Thompson
• Visual Artist – Carol Hallock
• Culinary Artist – Gary Darling
• Patron of the Arts – Tim and Jan Lantrip
• Performing Artist – Samuel Warren
• Literary Artist – Ted Jackson
• Musical Artist – Erik Morales
• President’s Award – St. Tammany Hospital Foundation's Healing Arts Initiative
• Outstanding Service Award – Dr. Arlette Delcham and Jean-Marie Desrosiers
For more information, please visit www.stpgov.org/cca. In 2021, the Commission announced the Creative Relief Northshore Fund, an emergency response initiative that provides funding for programs to address the needs of the arts community following an emergency or disaster. Those attending the President’s Arts Awards this year are encouraged to donate to the non-profit fund.
St. Tammany President’s Arts Awards is supported in part by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts, Office of Cultural Development, Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism, in cooperation with the Louisiana State Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.