While in-person Ranger Programs at Southeast Louisiana National Wildlife Refuges are not yet running, you can still learn some wild facts from the Refuge Rangers, live via Facebook! Join the Southeast Louisiana National Wildlife Refuges Facebook page every Friday morning at 10 a.m. CST for a fun, educational program on a variety of different topics.
For a chance to win a prize each week, fill out the worksheet associated with each video and send them a message via Facebook, or email Ranger Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each program is recorded and links to the videos can be found at https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Big_Branch_Marsh/Cosa_JuniorRangerActivities.html.
Remember that most refuge lands and outdoor spaces have remained open for the public to enjoy during the COVID-19 response. You are encouraged to:
• Check local conditions on our refuges websites and call ahead for current information
• Follow current CDC safe practices by maintaining a safe distance between yourself and other groups
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
• Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick.