Bluesberry Festival, the Louisiana Northshore’s newest celebration of the arts, returns for its second year on Saturday, October 9, 2021 in Covington's riverside Bogue Falaya Park.
Originally scheduled for May 30, 2020, some tickets have already been purchased. All existing tickets will be honored for the new date. Follow the festival on Facebook for online performances and Q&A with Bluesberry Festival artists, past and present. Any change to the music line-up will be announced in fall 2021.
Bluesberry Festival is a family-friendly celebration of world-class music, art, food and culture with a blueberry twist at every turn:
- Music - regional and national blues-centric artists from 10 AM to 5 PM (see lineup below)
- Art - live art demonstrations, an interactive art tent and 30+ vendor booths featuring regional artists
- Food Truck Roundup - local favorite food trucks serving dishes that incorporate blueberries
- Children's Village - interactive entertainment and art activities (free for kids 10 and under)
- Beer Garden and Wine experience - locally crafted brews or a variety of wines from around the world
- Rejuvenation Station - cooling tent with fans and an ice cold beverage
MAIN STAGE LINEUP
Mississippi native, Hill Country Blues artist; Grammy Award nominated. “Although Hill Country Blues is decades old, Burnside’s interpretation of the genre cuts deeper than most modern takes.” - American Blues Scene
New Orleans-based blues artist; winner of Independent Music Award for "Best Blues Song;" winner of Blues Blast Magazine Award for "Best New Artist Debut Album;" "Blues In My Blood" album stayed in the top 10 of Roots Music Report's Blues Rock chart for 7 months following its release
BAND OF HEATHENS
Americana stalwarts hailing from Austin, Texas; Duende album #1 at Americana Radio; Rolling Stone: 10 Best Country & Americana Songs of the Week
ALLY VENABLE BAND
Texas native vocalist/guitarist; Billboard #2 Blues Album "Texas Honey;" "Entertainer of the Year" winner, Etc Music Awards 2018; "Best New Artist" nominee, Independent Blues Awards 2018; "Best Blues Rock Band" nominee, Independent Blues Awards 2018; "Best Blues Band" winner, ETX Music Awards 2017; "Best Album of The Year" winner, ETX Music Awards 2017
Season 8 winner of NBC’s The Voice; self described “free range folk," incorporating elements of blues, roots rock, and jazz with live instrumental arrangements throughout
A New Orleans-area favorite with a rock-n-roll soul vibe and a lead singer with wicked harmonica skills. “They are one tough act to follow!" - Tom Scarborough of The Advocate
Nashville-based singer/songwriter/guitarist; 2016 Blues Song of The Year; 2018 Winner of 2 International Music & Entertainment Awards: Blues Artist of The Year & Music Video of The Year
- General Admission is $25 after for ages 11 and up. Admission is free for children 10 and under.
- $25 General Admission tickets now on sale.
- $65 VIP tickets, courtesy of Fidelity Bank - NOLA Lending, on sale through February 28 at 11 PM (if available and until sold out). The Bluesberry Festival VIP package includes:
- Admission to the festival
- Exclusive all-day access to the VIP tent; seating covered with cooling fans
- Seating adjacent to the Main Stage
- All-day food (4 redemption tickets)
- Beer and other alcoholic beverages (3 redemption tickets)
- Unlimited non-alcoholic refreshments and snacks
The event will take place rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable. Ticket prices do not include EventBrite fees.
Free parking is available throughout downtown Covington and at the nearby St. Tammany Parish Justice Center. The Gulf Coast Bank Trolley will be shuttling patrons from the Justice Center parking areas (701 N. Columbia Street) to Bogue Falaya Park throughout the day.
The 2021 Bluesberry Festival partners are Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company, Fidelity Bank - NOLA Lending and Edge of the Lake Magazine.
For detailed festival information, see Festival FAQ's at https://www.thebluesberryfest.com/faq.
Images provided by Bluesberry Festival. Follow the event on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bluesberryfest.