Calling all youth 15 years of age and younger! Join your friends at the Southeast Louisiana National Wildlife Refuges Complex and the Friends of Louisiana Wildlife Refuges, Inc. for a weekend of family, fishing fun at the Virtual Youth Fishing Rodeo!
The 28th annual event will be held once again as a free, virtual contest over two days, June 12-13, 2021. Families can go fishing all weekend long in Louisiana without needing a fishing license. Youth aged 15 years of age and younger are eligible to participate for prizes. Random prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of the event.
1. Fish! No registration required, but participants must be 15 years of age or younger to claim a prize.
- Start fishing at any Louisiana waterway between 7:30 a.m. June 12 and 8 p.m. June 13.
- Use any fishing pole, lure or bait--just get out there and fish!
- Loaner fishing poles are available upon request, but quantities are limited. To arrange to borrow one, email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
2. Share! Go to the Southeast Louisiana Facebook page and post a picture of your youngster, caught fish and the Youth Fishing Rodeo flyer, printed from the website. You can also email files to email@example.com.
- Photos must be received by 4 p.m. Monday, June 14, 2021.
- Prizes will be announced on Wednesday, June 16.
- If you do not have access to a printer, you can create your own sign to hold in the photo that says #GetYourFishOn or #FishingRodeo2021.
3. Have Fun!
For more information, call Ranger Becky Larkins at (985) 882-2025 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge, visit https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Bogue_Chitto.
The rodeo is sponsored by the Southeast Louisiana Wildlife Refuges in collaboration with Friends of Louisiana Wildlife Refuges Inc., and is supported by many community partners. Normally, the event is held at the Pearl River Turnaround Fishing Pond at Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge. If you wish to fish there, take I-59 to the Pearl River Turnaround Exit 11, and turn right. Backtrack on the frontage road about a mile, and the entrance is on the left.