St. Tammany Parish Government will honor St. Tammany visual, literary and performing artists at the President’s Arts Awards presented by the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs, on Thursday, September 26, 2019, at the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum.
This year's award winners are:
• Lifetime Achievement in the Arts – Willie Paretti (posthumously)
• Native Son Award – Ian Somerhalder
• Visual Artist of the Year – Marcia Holmes
• Culinary Artist of the Year – Palmettos on the Bayou
• Arts Patron of the Year – Covington Three Rivers Art Festival
• Performing Artist of the Year – Café Luke Dinner Theatre
• Literary Artist of the Year – Michelle Hirstius
• Musical Artist of the Year – Missi Spinosa
• President’s Award – Northlake Performing Arts Society
• Outstanding Service Award – Jennifer Bushnell
The 13th Annual President’s Arts Awards is dedicated to the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Willie Paretti, who passed away in April of this year. Paretti was a founding member of the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs.
The Parish President’s Arts Awards recognizes local artists, musicians and performers who have achieved success in their respective fields and honors local arts patrons who have contributed to the cultural life of St. Tammany Parish through their work. This year’s award recipients have been recognized regionally, nationally and internationally as special talents in their disciplines. All have made a significant contributions and commitments to the development of the arts in St. Tammany Parish.