The 2nd event in the East Division of the Tidewater Boats LLC Elite Redfish Series, presented by Yamaha Outboards lands back in Slidell, LA.
This time as part of the Gulf Coast Boating Expo at the Louisiana Northshore's The Harbor Center. Teams will launch out of Rigolets Bait and Seafood and after a full day of fishing put their boats on the trailer and drive to the Harbor Center with their catch.
This means no navigating Lake Pontchartrain which can get really rough this early in the season--a win-win for everyone.
Learn more about this and other events in the 2020 season by visiting https://theredfishseries.com/team-overview/.
Fans of redfishing in southeast Louisiana are invited to come out and be a part of this event. A professional field of invited and qualifying anglers from across the country will take part in the tournament extravaganza.
The event features a prize purse of $100,000 with the First Place winner taking home a Skeeter/Yamaha bay boat rig valued at $60,000.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- April 11 – 3:30-5:00 PM open for angler check in, optional big bag entry and delivery of all required tournament forms.
- April 11 – 5:00-6:30 PM Captain’s Meeting.
- April 12-13 first flight launch at 6:30 AM Fri-Sat.
- April 12-13 first flight check in at 2:30 PM Fri-Sat.
- Weigh in begins promptly at 2:30 PM local time each day.
- Sunday, April 7th is the last day for new teams to enter.
- Monday, April 8th is the official start of practice period and off-limits/dead period to intentionally seek or try to receive information pertaining to fishing, navigation, techniques, equipment and/or other information from anyone who are neither a paid participant or are fishing in this event.
- This event will award a total payback equal to or greater than 100% of all entry fees in 1st-10th awards.
- Two-angler teams compete over two days; a team’s 2-day total weight, minus penalties, determines place.
- Both anglers on a team must read, sign, initial, staple and deliver all required documents before or at captain’s meeting before or at the Captain’s Meeting on Thursday, April 11.
- At least one member of each team must be represented at the Captain’s Meeting.
- Five-fish limit per day, per team, 16″- 27″ in length.
- One fish may be up to 30″ in length (must be alive to be weighed), and may be part of each team’s five-fish daily limit.
- Dead fish penalty equals .75 pounds on all legal fish presented for measuring.
- Any over-sized fish up to 30″ will be disqualified if dead when presented for measuring.
- Teams must be in compliance with all state, local, federal laws and tournament rules and procedures.
- Both team members of a winning team must be able to take and pass a polygraph test prior to awarding of grand prize.
- Big-bag award will payback one in five entrants and champion’s trophy.
- 100-team full field will activate paybacks detailed on the Redfish Series' website.
- 120-team maximum paid, full-field size for the 2019 event will generate extra pay spots.
- Spots may be available for anglers to compete, and organizers may also call for marshals/referees for the final round. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an application to marshal and to inquire about openings.
- The official hotels of the Elite Redfish Series Team Open Tour will be announced in spring.
For more information, contact the Elite Redfish Series at (985) 641-2143.
See more about the event and register today at TheRedfishSeries.com/Slidell. Discounts are offered for early registration.