Barrel Wine Bar in Covington hosts Small Group Wine Tasting classes with sommelier Karla Kilgore.
Take a journey with interesting stories of place, flavors of complimentary foods and have the opportunity to discuss the wines you taste and how to describe them in a fun and intimate setting, referencing maps, charts and foods to help identify and analyze wines.
Seating is limited to 8 persons per event, $25 per person with a minimum of three persons. Price includes food, wine, taxes and gratuity. From 6pm to 7:30pm.
• February 1st & 2nd - Sauvignon Blanc
• February 8th & 9th - Tempranillo
• February 15th & 16th - Grenache
• February 22nd & 23rd - Cabernet Sauvignon
• March 1st & 2nd - Pinot Noir
• March 8th & 9th - Oregon Wines
• March 15th & 16th - Washington Wines
• March 22nd & 23rd - California's Central Coast Wines
• March 29th & 30th - California's North Coast Wines
Barrel Wine Bar (BWB) is located at 69305 LA-21 (south of I-12 at Brewster Road) in Covington and is open 4pm to 9pm Tuesday and Wednesday, 4pm-10pm Thursday and Friday, and 3pm-10pm on Saturdays. Happy Hour Specials daily, 4-6pm. Closed Sunday and Monday.
Set similar to a Napa tasting room, BWB offers 20+ great wines from around the world by the glass and as part of wine flights, as well as a variety of small plate choices. BWB has charcuterie and cheese boards, savory nibbles, small plates, delicious desserts and a diverse wine list to complement every palate.
Enjoy numerous special events, from live music on Tuesdays and Thursdays, monthly wine dinners with popular local chefs, and regional artists featured monthly on the Gallery Wall, welcomed with "Meet the Artist" wine events. For more info, visit BarrelWineBar.com or call (985) 272-8485.