Tour de Lis Louisiana will be "healin' through wheelin'" on Sunday, April 5, 2020 at Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville!
Tour de Lis Louisiana is much more than a bike ride or walk. It is part of the global race to find a cure for cancer and to extend the lives of cancer survivors. Fontainebleau, the most-visited state park in Louisiana, is a 2,800-acre park on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, just minutes from the foot of the Causeway Bridge. The ride/walk course is flat and fast, under mammoth, moss covered oaks.
- Riders have the option of four race mileage distances--10, 25, 40, or 62 miles. Those who wish to participate but would prefer to walk can choose between a 1-mile or 4- mile nature hike.
- The race is rain-or-shine, with possible delays in the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions.
- Helmets are required--no exceptions.
- Adult size bikes only.
- Race jerseys will be available presale for $80 through February 13; additional may be made available after that date.
- Family and friends are always welcome at start and finish locations, but not on the route. Friends and family may register for the hike or meet you at the finish line.
- Early Bird Registration ($40): November 22, 2019 - January 31, 2020
- Regular registration: February 1 - April 1, 2020
- REGISTRATION CLOSES: April 1, 2020 (donations are always accepted)
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising: Minimum $200 for individuals and $1,000 for teams of five; details at https://tourdelisla.org
- Rider package pick-up and pre-race party: Saturday, April 4, 4pm to 9pm
- Race Day: Sunday, April 5, 2020
- Ride begins at 8:00 am
- Hike begins at 8:30 am
- Awards will be given at an after-party at the conclusion of the race/hike.
Spectators are welcome; admission is the $3 park entry fee. Participants' fees vary in a price range of $10-200, with lower rates for children (under 17), hikers, and early-bird registrants, higher for group-ride and group-hike participants. Details provided on race registration page.
A block of rooms at several hotels in the area will be available (see website for details), or, reserve a weekend bunk at Group Campground #1 (located at the end of Group Camp Road) for $75. Reservations accepted for Friday through Sunday with check-out on Monday. Availability is limited, so reserve early.
For more information on lodging, visit https://tourdelisla.org/wp/lodging/.
From I-12, take US 190 (exit 63-A) south toward Mandeville. Continue east on US 190; the park is approximately 4 miles east of the city. Free parking within Fontainebleau State Park, $3 entry fee to the park.
For more information about Tour de Lis-LA, please visit www.tourdelisla.org or contact Mary Fontana at Mfontana@Cagno.org or dial (504) 733-5539.
MORE ABOUT TOUR DE LIS LOUISIANA
The race raises funds to help patients and their families cope with the physical and emotional challenges of a cancer diagnosis and provide assistance to cancer patients in Louisiana through the Cancer Association of Louisiana (CAGNO). Tour de Lis LA provides an opportunity to ride or walk in memory of a loved one and to celebrate the hope and strength of survivors and those still in battle. Since its founding in 2007, the Tour de Lis has raised over $900,000 with expenses and overhead held to 10%.
Since 1959, Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans (CAGNO) has been a leader in providing direct financial support to cancer patients in Southeast Louisiana. In 2018, donors made it possible for CAGNO to provide 783 patients and their families with ongoing support during cancer treatment. This includes household living assistance, co-pays and medical supplies, gas cards for transportation assistance to treatment, help paying for patient’s prescriptions and educating the community on cancer prevention.